Admissions Instructions and Requirement

Home > Admissions > Admissions Instructions and Requirements

Basis of Admission

Calvary Chapel University invites applicants who are able to present a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and have acknowledged a call from God to attend the University.  In selecting students, the Admissions Committee admits students who are most likely to contribute positively to the college community and intend to graduate.  They prayerfully consider all factors that demonstrate the applicant’s ability to succeed. In most cases, CCU follows a rolling admissions procedure.  An application is processed as soon as the file is complete.  CCU is designed to be an arena to disciple the body of Christ.  While academic accomplishment is important, God’s call and a willingness by the student to complete the course of study are essential.

Also essential are:

  • Evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent Christian lifestyle;
  • A desire and willingness for each student’s faith to be challenged;
  • Academic records, recommendations, and rank in course;
  • Pastoral / Personal recommendation
  • Willingness to abide by the doctrinal position and standards of conduct of the University.


Admission Procedures

Undergraduate Programs

  1. Fill out and submit the online application through the Populi system;
  2. Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee;
  3. Request transcripts for all college or university coursework;
  4. Complete Student Reference Requests

High School Equivalency Tests and Certifications

Applicants who are not high school graduates may still be considered for admission. CCU may admit a student who has acquired an equivalency certificate or diploma through a General Education Development (GED) test or an equivalent proficiency examination.  Each case is handled on an individual basis and may result in provisional admission.  The call of God in the applicant’s life and the success of the student is considered.  Applicants with equivalency certifications alternative to a high school diploma should follow regular admission procedures.

Home-School Students

Applicants who  were home-schooled and do not have an official high school transcript to submit to the University with the application packet are required to take the General Education Development (GED) test or an equivalent proficiency examination.  If the student does not have access to an official transcript or does not subscribe to a transcript service, the student will be sent a transcript evaluation form to be completed by the primary teacher.  The transcript evaluation and academic reference may be completed by a parent if that individual is the primary teacher.

Graduate Programs

Individuals seeking admission to a Calvary Chapel University graduate program must:

  1. Fill out and submit the online application;
  2. Check your email for log in information for Populi
  3. Pay a $100 non-refundable application fee;
  4. Request transcripts for undergraduate courses completed up to and including a Bachelor’s Degree;
  5. Complete Student Reference Requests


Notification of Admission

Once the Admissions Office receives a completed application, the Admissions Committee will make a decision regarding acceptance.  Applicants can expect to receive notification within one week of the application being complete.  Once an admission decision is made, applicants will receive information on registration, finances, and new student orientation.

International Students

Calvary Chapel University encourages international students to apply. All communication and coursework can be completed online.  International students will be responsible for textbook purchases for all courses. International students must also request pre-approval for a comparable Practicum Program.

Provisional Admission

Students must meet the following requirements in order to be provisionally admitted to a degree program at Calvary Chapel University.

  • Attain a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.0 or better in the first 6 credits; 
  • Complete their second course.

Completion of their second course constitutes a student’s confirmation of his or her intention to continue in the program as a regular student. Upon completion of their second course, students are considered matriculated, regular students in their degree program. Students who meet the requirements for Full Admission will be fully admitted into the degree program.

Transfer Credit

CCU, at the discretion of the administration, may accept and apply up to 90 credits in transfer from another college or university providing the course descriptions and grades are comparable to CCU standards. Typically, community college, undergraduate course work, and, in some instances, work experience and/or testing will be considered in the transfer credit evaluation process.

  • Please note that at least the last 24 credits must be completed at CCU to receive either a Certificate of Christian Education or a Bachelor’s Degree.
  • The maximum allowable transfer credit for each program is as follows: 90 credits for a Bachelor’s degree and 12 credits for a Master’s degree.

You contact your previous college/university institution and have them mail an official transcript to:

Calvary Chapel University
Attn: Registrar
13848 N Bolivar Dr, Sun City, AZ 85351

It should take 1-2 weeks to review and get a response as to how many and what units transfer to CCU.

Prior Experiential Credit

Prior learning experience may be substituted as credit in some instances for Undergraduate Programs only. Credits are applied upon approval from the School Dean, which requires an application and submission of required evidence. For additional information, review the Prior Experiential Learning Policy and Evaluation Request form, or contact the Registrar’s Office.


Readmission to Calvary Chapel University is required when the following circumstances are present:

  1. A student enrolled in a degree program whose academic work has  been interrupted for six months or more, which is considered a leave of absence; or
  2. A student is dropped from two or more courses concurrently.

Students must apply for readmission one month prior to the start date in which he or she desires to matriculate.  The Calvary Chapel University Admission Application is available on the website under the Admissions tab.  If college-level work has been completed elsewhere, official transcripts should accompany the application for readmission.  A student who has been readmitted after one year out of attendance from CCU, must complete the graduation requirements outlined in the Catalog that is current at the time of readmission.


Calvary Chapel University complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (the Buckley Amendment) which is designed to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings.  The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 provides that information from student records will not be identified by nor conveyed to unauthorized parties. Exceptions are made for CCU officials, teachers, authorized federal agencies, and in connection with the application for or receipt of financial aid. No other parties may obtain information unless the student has provided CCU with written consent. Students have access to their information on demand. Students 18 years of age and older must sign a consent form in order for parents to obtain academic or financial information. 

  • Release of Information Form
  • Unofficial transcripts may be requested at no charge. There is a fee of $7.00 for each official transcript and a $10.00 fee for rush orders processed within 24 hours of the transcript request. Routine requests are processed in 7-10 working days.
  • An official transcript is released only after students have settled all financial obligations to Calvary Chapel University. Transcripts contain coursework completed at Calvary Chapel University, as well as transfer credit and prior experiential credit.
  • The Transcript Request Form is an online form available on the website under Student Forms.  Current students have access to print unofficial transcripts at any time through the Populi system.

Attendance Policies

  • Student attendance is tracked through participation in weekly Discussion Board threads and timely submission of weekly assignments. Students are required to participate in the Discussion Board at least twice a week with at least 100 word responses. Late assignments are accepted only with prior notification by the student and permission from the instructor.
  • A student who has not participated in the Discussion Board, posted an assignment, or contacted the course instructor for 2 consecutive weeks will be dropped from the course. Once dropped, the student must re-enroll during another session and complete the entire course. A grade of “Dropped” will appear on the student’s transcript until the student has successfully completed the course and met all attendance requirements. Refer to the Tuition Refund Policy section of this Catalog for information on tuition refunds.
  • Students who are dropped from two or more courses concurrently will need to apply for readmission to CCU. The Readmission Form is available from the Admissions Office and on the website under Student Forms.
  • Students who wish to withdraw from a course must fill out a Withdrawal Form and email or mail the form to the Registrar’s Office. The Withdrawal Form is available on the CCU website. Students may withdraw from a course within the first three weeks of the course. Students who withdraw after the end of the third week of course will receive an “Incomplete” on their transcript, unless first receiving approval to withdraw from the Registrar.



Inquiries concerning regulations or school compliance may be directed to:

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
1740 West Adams Street, Suite 3008
Phoenix, AZ 85007

Should a student need further assistance or clarification regarding a complaint, or should they need to inform the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), they may contact TRACS at:

TRACS 15935 Forest Road; Forest, VA 24551 (Tel):
(434) 525-9539;

CCU ensures students that all staff and faculty members will fully cooperate with TRACS in the event of any complaint proceedings.