Similar to other biblically-based counseling degrees, the emphasis in this program consists of a study of the principles and aspects of biblical counseling. It is designed to prepare God’s people to meet counseling-related needs by the power of the Holy Spirit. This program instructs students how to understand and apply God’s Word with skill, integrity, authority, and compassion.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who earn the Certificate in Biblical Counseling will:
- Be equipped with an introduction to biblical principles, concepts and techniques for meeting the counseling needs wherever they exist, especially in the local church.
- Know and understand fundamental principles of appropriate interpretation and application of Scripture in ministering to people.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of biblical principles, concepts, and techniques to address counseling needs in the Body of Christ.
- Develop an understanding of fundamental principles of appropriate interpretation and application in a counseling setting.
This Certificate in Biblical Counseling is 24 credits. Students must complete specified Biblical Counseling courses to earn the Certificate in Biblical Counseling. Courses in the Certificate in Biblical Counseling may be completed in any order. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format with video conferencing .
|BC212||A Theology of Counseling||3|
|BC213||Methods of Biblical Change||3|
|BC214||Marriage & Family Counseling 2||3|
|BC216||Psychology Contrasted with the Bible||3|
|BC217||Hermeneutics of Biblical Counseling||3|
Total Credits: 24
Individuals seeking admission to a Calvary Chapel University undergraduate program must:
- Fill out and submit the online application through the Populi system;
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee;
- Request official transcripts for high school and all college or university coursework. Verification of high school completion or an equivalent must be verified by the Registrar through official transcripts prior to admissions, enrolling, and matriculation.
- Minimum overall grade point average is 2.0.
- Complete Student Reference Requests.
Official transcripts with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 must be received and verified by the Registrar prior to course enrollment.
The spiritual requirements for admission involve demonstrating an unwavering commitment to Christ and the inspired and inerrant Scriptures, having consistent Christian character, utilizing one’s spiritual gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ and your professional vocation, and yielding to the Holy Spirit’s call to service and Christian growth.
- 2.0 GHz processor or higher
- 4 GB RAM
- High Speed Internet
- Microphone (external or built-in)
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Google Suite of applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free from the Adobe website)
Applicant’s skills and competencies to succeed in a distance education environment are assessed prior to acceptance via official transcripts, the online application, and required admission materials including a personal testimony to determine spiritual readiness.
Online Instructional Methods
Courses are disseminated 100% online through Populi.com. The Certificate in Biblical Knowledge program will use instructional methods such as, but not limited to: video lectures, reading and writing assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, and tests.
Online Grading Practices
Final tests or examinations are course specific and assessed with a rubric. Passing grades are determined by each instructor and stated in the course syllabus. Within 48 hours of submitting assignments, work is evaluated and a grade is posted in the online course grade book. Students have access to view their personal grades at any time. There is no mailing of institutional responses or evaluations of students’ work. All grading and communication with students is conducted within Populi, the online operating system.
CCU awards an academic Certificate Program diploma to students who are in good standing upon the satisfactory completion of all degree requirements, as listed in the University Catalog for the year during which the student first enrolled.
To be eligible for a Certificate Program diploma, a student must:
- Complete the approved program consisting of 24 credits through Calvary Chapel University
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Meet all University financial obligations.
Note: No grade below a C- will be applied toward a Certificate program at Calvary Chapel University. Please submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar’s Office at the beginning of the final semester. In order for you to receive your diploma all financial obligations must be met.