The Certificate in Christian Education commences the preparation of prospective and practicing Christian educators who are called by God to teach with a distinctively Christian approach. Credits earned may be applied toward a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who earn the Certificate in Christian Education will:
- Be equipped with an introduction to biblical principles, concepts, and techniques for teaching that have a distinctly Christian approach.
- Know, understand, and apply the Word of God to students’ needs in a classroom setting.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will:
- Develop an understanding of the importance of a philosophy of Christian Education and formulate a personal philosophy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a variety of teaching techniques and methods and begin to develop skills to apply them.
- Possess a working knowledge of the dynamics of interpersonal relationships.
This Certificate in Christian Education is 24 credits. Students must complete specified Christian Education courses to earn the Certificate in Christian Education. Courses in the Certificate in Christian Education may be completed in any order. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format with video conferencing
Christian Education Course Requirements
|ED229||Current Issues In Education||3|
|ED241||Philosophy of Christian Education||3|
|ED242||Cultural Diversity in Education||3|
|ED245||Principles of Instruction and Methods||3|
|ED278||Teaching Exceptional Students||3|
Total Credits: 24
Note: The institution does not offer any programs that lead to professional licensure. A graduate of programs offered at CCU is not eligible to sit for licensure exams within the United States.