The Certificate in Christian Education commences the preparation of prospective and practicing Christian educators who are called by God to teach with a distinctively Christian approach. Credits earned may be applied toward a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who earn the Certificate in Christian Education will:
- Be equipped with an introduction to biblical principles, concepts, and techniques for teaching that have a distinctly Christian approach.
- Know, understand, and apply the Word of God to students’ needs in a classroom setting.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will:
- Develop an understanding of the importance of a philosophy of Christian Education and formulate a personal philosophy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a variety of teaching techniques and methods and begin to develop skills to apply them.
- Possess a working knowledge of the dynamics of interpersonal relationships.
This Certificate in Christian Education is 24 credits. Students must complete specified Christian Education courses to earn the Certificate in Christian Education. Courses in the Certificate in Christian Education may be completed in any order. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format with video conferencing .
Christian Education Course Requirements
|ED229||Current Issues In Education||3|
|ED241||Philosophy of Christian Education||3|
|ED242||Cultural Diversity in Education||3|
|ED245||Principles of Instruction and Methods||3|
|ED278||Teaching Exceptional Students||3|
Total Credits: 24
Individuals seeking admission to a Calvary Chapel University undergraduate program must:
- Fill out and submit the online application through the Populi system;
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee;
- Request official transcripts for high school and all college or university coursework. Verification of high school completion or an equivalent must be verified by the Registrar through official transcripts prior to admissions, enrolling, and matriculation.
- Minimum overall grade point average is 2.0.
- Complete Student Reference Requests.
Official transcripts with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 must be received and verified by the Registrar prior to course enrollment.
The spiritual requirements for admission involve demonstrating an unwavering commitment to Christ and the inspired and inerrant Scriptures, having consistent Christian character, utilizing one’s spiritual gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ and your professional vocation, and yielding to the Holy Spirit’s call to service and Christian growth.
- 2.0 GHz processor or higher
- 4 GB RAM
- High Speed Internet
- Microphone (external or built-in)
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Google Suite of applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free from the Adobe website)
Applicant’s skills and competencies to succeed in a distance education environment are assessed prior to acceptance via official transcripts, the online application, and required admission materials including a personal testimony to determine spiritual readiness.
Online Instructional Methods
Courses are disseminated 100% online through Populi.com. The Certificate in Biblical Knowledge program will use instructional methods such as, but not limited to: video lectures, reading and writing assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, and tests.
Online Grading Practices
Final tests or examinations are course specific and assessed with a rubric. Passing grades are determined by each instructor and stated in the course syllabus. Within 48 hours of submitting assignments, work is evaluated and a grade is posted in the online course grade book. Students have access to view their personal grades at any time. There is no mailing of institutional responses or evaluations of students’ work. All grading and communication with students is conducted within Populi, the online operating system.
CCU awards an academic Certificate Program diploma to students who are in good standing upon the satisfactory completion of all degree requirements, as listed in the University Catalog for the year during which the student first enrolled.
To be eligible for a Certificate Program diploma, a student must:
- Complete the approved program consisting of 24 credits through Calvary Chapel University
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Meet all University financial obligations.
Note: No grade below a C- will be applied toward a Certificate program at Calvary Chapel University. Please submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar’s Office at the beginning of the final semester. In order for you to receive your diploma all financial obligations must be met.