2021-2022 Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity degree is a fully online program that builds upon the foundation of the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies to equip students who are called to pastoral leadership roles, such as a senior pastor, church planter, missionary, or chaplain. The Master of Divinity student will demonstrate mastery in skills necessary for ministry success in higher leadership positions within the local church and parachurch organizations.
The purpose of the Master of Divinity is to provide effective tools for furthering the cause of Christ through biblical studies and Christian ministry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Divinity degree program the student will be able to:
- Apply all ministry skills from the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Biblical languages.
- Correlate Biblical ideas in a variety of counseling settings.
- Develop strategies for effective evangelism and missions programs in the local church.
- Practice leadership and administration skills necessary for success as leaders in the local
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Divinity program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of an evangelical, theological education that is reflected by a biblical worldview and the necessary skills to serve as a Senior Pastor or other leadership roles in the Body of Christ.
- Exhibit ministry readiness to lead others through confident application of ministry skills in a specifically Calvary Chapel environment.
- Execute exemplary leadership ability in providing vision and forward momentum among a local church staff or ministry team.
- Explain the Word of God accurately, with emphasis on edification of the Body of Christ and application that advances the Great Commission.
The 72 credit Master of Divinity program is scholarly in its academics and practical in its
application to ministry. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format, and includes video conferencing. The Master of Divinity degree program has five specialization options: Biblical Theology, Biblical Leadership, Biblical Counseling, Christian Education, and Women’s Ministry.
|Master of Divinity
2021-2022 Degree Completion Plan
|CORE COURSES (24 units)|
|MIN501||Evangelism & Missions||3|
|BIB501||Old Testament Survey||3|
|BIB502||New Testament Survey||3|
|MIN512||Calvary Chapel Distinctives||3|
MASTER OF DIVINITY CORE COURSES (36 units)
|BC525||Marital and Premarital Counseling||3|
|BIB513||Hebrew Language Tools||3|
|BIB511||Greek Language Tools||3|
|MIN515||Homiletics-Introduction to Biblical Preaching||3|
|HIS501||Church History 1||3|
|HIS502||Church History 2||3|
|PATH503||Pastoring as Vocation||3|
SPECIALIZATION COURSES (12 units)
TOTAL HOURS 72
Complete 72 hours
Complete a minimum of 54 credits through Calvary Chapel University (CCU), not to include credits from a prior degree earned through CCU
No more that 2 grades of C may be applied to the degree (includes C+ & C-)
No grades of D or below may be applied to the degree (includes D+ & D-)
Degree must be completed within 7 years
|Submission of Degree Completion Application must be completed within the last semester of a student’s
anticipated graduation date Revised: 04/27/2020
Effective Catalog Term: 2020-2021
2021-2022 Master of Divinity Specialization Courses
|CBL503||Strategic Leadership Planning|
|CBL510||Theology of Leadership|
|CBL551||Studies in Team Building|
|CBL571||The Heart of a Leader|
|ED529||Current Issues in Education|
|ED541||History & Philosophy of Education|
|ED548||School Culture & Classroom Dynamics|
|BC501||Biblical Counseling: One-on-One Discipleship|
|BC512||A Theology of Biblical Counseling|
|BC513||Methods of Biblical Change|
|BC514||Marriage and Family Counseling 2|
|MIN514||Leadership Development for Women’s Ministry|
|MIN612||Women’s Ministry in the 21st Century|
|MIN655||Counseling Women 2|
Individuals seeking admission to a Calvary Chapel University graduate program must:
- Fill out and submit the online application through the Populi system
- Pay a $100 non-refundable application fee
- Request official transcripts for all college or university coursework
- Complete Student Reference Requests
- Read the Student Handbook and sign the Behavioral Conduct and Institutional Standards agreement.
The spiritual requirements for admission involve demonstrating an unwavering commitment to Christ and the inspired and inerrant Scriptures, having consistent Christian character, utilizing one’s spiritual gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ and your professional vocation, and yielding to the Holy Spirit’s call to service and Christian growth.
Applicant’s skills and competencies to succeed in a distance education environment are assessed prior to acceptance via official transcripts, the online application, and required admission materials including a personal testimony to determine spiritual readiness.
- 0 GHz processor or higher
- 4 GB RAM
- High Speed Internet
- Microphone (external or built-in)
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Google Suite of applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free from the Adobe website)
Online Instructional Methods
Courses are disseminated 100% online through Populi.com. The Master of Divinity program utilizes instructional methods such as, but not limited to: video lectures, reading and writing assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, and exams.
Online Grading Practices
Final examinations are course specific and assessed with a rubric. Passing grades are determined by each instructor and stated in the course syllabus. Within 48 hours of submitting assignments, work is evaluated and a grade is posted in the online course grade book. Students have access to view their personal grades at any time. There is no mailing of institutional responses or
evaluations of students’ work. All grading and communication with students is conducted within Populi, the online operating system.
To be eligible for a Master of Divinity, a student must:
- Complete the approved program consisting of 72 credits.
- Complete a minimum of 54 credits through Calvary Chapel University (CCU), not to include credits from a prior degree earned through CCU.
- Earn a minimum cumulative P.A. of 3.0.
Note: No grade below a C- will be applied toward a Master’s degree at Calvary Chapel
University. Please submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar’s Office at the beginning of the final semester. In order for you to receive your diploma all financial obligations must be met.