The Master of Divinity degree is a fully online program that builds upon the foundation of the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies to equip students who are called to pastoral leadership roles, such as a senior pastor, church planter, missionary, or chaplain. The Master of Divinity student will demonstrate mastery in skills necessary for ministry success in higher leadership positions within the local church and parachurch organizations.
Note: The institution does not offer any programs that lead to professional licensure. A graduate of programs offered at CCU is not eligible to sit for licensure exams within the United States.”
The purpose of the Master of Divinity is to provide effective tools for furthering the cause of Christ through biblical studies and Christian ministry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Divinity degree program the student will be able to:
- Apply all ministry skills from the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the Biblical languages.
- Correlate Biblical ideas in a variety of counseling settings.
- Develop strategies for effective evangelism and mission’s programs in the local church.
- Practice leadership and administration skills necessary for success as leaders in the local church.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Divinity program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of an evangelical, theological education that is reflected by a biblical worldview and the necessary skills to serve as a Senior Pastor or other leadership roles in the Body of Christ.
- Exhibit ministry readiness to lead others through confident application of ministry skills in a specifically Calvary Chapel environment.
- Execute exemplary leadership ability in providing vision and forward momentum among a local church staff or ministry team.
- Explain the Word of God accurately, with emphasis on edification of the Body of Christ and application that advances the Great Commission.
The 72 credit Master of Divinity program is scholarly in its academics and practical in its application to ministry. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format, and includes video conferencing. The Master of Divinity degree program has five specialization options: Biblical Theology, Biblical Leadership, Biblical Counseling, Christian Education, and Women’s Ministry.
|Master of Divinity
2021-2022 Degree Completion Plan
|CORE COURSES (24 units)|
|BIB501||Old Testament Survey||3|
|BIB502||New Testament Survey||3|
|MIN501||Evangelism & Missions||3|
|MIN512||Calvary Chapel Distinctives||3|
|MASTER OF DIVINITY CORE COURSES|
|BC525||Marital and Premarital Counseling||3|
|BIB511||Greek Language Tools||3|
|BIB513||Hebrew Language Tools||3|
|HIS501||Church History 1||3|
|HIS502||Church History 2||3|
|MIN515||Homiletics-Introduction to Biblical Preaching||3|
|PATH503||Pastoring as Vocation||3|
|Core Courses Total Credits||24|
|MDiv Core Courses Total Credits||36|
|Specialization Total Credits||12|
|MDiv Total Credits||72|
- All courses in the Master of Divinity degree program are graduate level.