Student Grievance Procedures

Home > Student Services > Student Resources and Forms > Student Grievance Procedures
Calvary Chapel University (CCU) acknowledges that in any college community there is the possibility of conflict and student dissatisfaction. CCU wishes to provide educational instruction and services of the highest quality to its students and facilitate equity and harmony in the application of policies and procedures. When a student has a complaint or grievance, CCU has developed procedures to resolve the matter.

A grievance is a complaint arising out of any alleged unauthorized or unjustified act or decision by a member of the university community that in any way adversely affects the status, rights, or privileges of any student.

Formal Grievance Process

Calvary Chapel University evaluates formal grievances in light of Scripture and will work to bring peace and equity to the University community. When a student submits a formal grievance, the process is as follows:

  1. The Registrar reviews the grievance as submitted through the online Grievance Form and responds in writing within 15 days with suggested resolution to address the complaint;
  2. If the student is not in agreement with the resolution provided, the student may write a letter of appeal to the Board of Governors for additional review;
  3. The appeal of the formal grievance resolution will be escalated to the Board of Governors for additional review;
  4. The Board of Governors will provide a final decision and resolution, which will be documented in the student’s record. The resolution will be communicated to the student in writing.

A student may seek redress within 30 days of the alleged grievance. The burden of proof rests with the individual making the complaint. The grievance procedure is listed in the CCU Student Handbook and is available on the website.

Grievance Policy – Outside Assistance

If a student or non-student has exhausted the institution’s internal complaint process, he or she can submit an external complaint to TRACS, AZ SARA, or BPPE (CA students only).

Instructions for Filing a Complaint with TRACS

  1.  TRACS Complaint Procedures and Forms:
  2. TRACS Contact Information:
    • Address: TRACS, 15935 Forest Road; Forest, VA 24551 (Tel):
    • Phone Number: (434) 525-9539;
    • Website:
  1. CCU ensures students that all staff and faculty members will fully cooperate with TRACS in the event of any complaint proceedings.

Instructions for Filing a Complaint with AZ SARA Council

  1. Calvary Chapel University is approved by the Arizona SARA Council (, which is the Arizona State Portal Entity for the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) as a SARA participating institution ( The University has reciprocity with other SARA states for its distance education programs.
  2. Available for students who reside in SARA participating states (see list of states at
  3. The Arizona SARA Council will not review complaints regarding student grades or student code of conduct violations.
  4. To file a complaint against an Arizona SARA Council-approved institution, you must meet the following requirements:
    • File within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made.
    • Complete the institutional complaint process prior to submission with the Council. (see institutional complaint process above)
    • The complaint must be a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by SARA, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of SARA.
    • You are a student of an Arizona SARA Council-approved institution. (see list of
    • You are not a student, but have a concern about any of the above.

For more information about filing a complaint with the AZ SARA Council, visit the AZ SARA Council website (

Instructions for Filing a Complaint with BPPE (CA students only)

The California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) is a unit of the California Department of Consumer Affairs. The BPPE ensures that private institutions of postsecondary education are conducted lawfully. Calvary Chapel University is a private institution that is approved by the Bureau and is approved to operate by the bureau, and that approval to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the CEC and 5, CCR.

  1. A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s internet Web site
  2. Any questions a student may have regarding this catalog that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at:
    • Address: 1747 North Market Blvd, Suite 225, Sacramento, CA 95834
    • P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
    • Web site Address:
    • Telephone and Fax #’s:
      • (888) 370-7589 or by fax (916) 263-1897
      • (916) 574-8900 or by fax (916) 263-1897