Master of Arts in Biblical StudiesSTART YOUR APPLICATION TODAYREQUEST INFORMATION
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (M.A.B.S.) is a fully online program that introduces students to basic ministry skills that will equip the student to be an effective associate level minister or Christian leader. The M.A.B.S. introduces students to the Old and New Testaments, Christian theology, hermeneutical skills, history of the church, apologetics, and the Calvary Chapel movement.
The 36-credit degree program has 8 core courses and 5 specialization options: Biblical Theology, Christian Leadership, Biblical Counseling, Christian Education, and Women’s Ministry. The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program is scholarly in its academics and practical in its application to ministry.
Note: The institution does not offer any programs that lead to professional licensure. A graduate of programs offered at CCU is not eligible to sit for licensure exams within the United States.”
Upon completion of the M.A.B.S. degree program the student will be able to:
- Biblically state and identify the principal doctrines of evangelical Christianity.
- Identify the major themes of both the Old and New Testaments.
- Evaluate the challenges to a Christian worldview and formulate Biblical rebuttals.
- Develop basic pastoral skills necessary for successful ministry in the local church.
Program Learning Outcomes
The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies has 36 credits and features 8 biblical core courses and 4 courses specific to the student’s selected specialization. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format, and video conferencing.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a foundational evangelical theological education that is reflected by a Biblical worldview and the necessary skills to serve as an Assistant Pastor or ministry leader.
- Exhibit ministry readiness to lead others through confident application of ministry skills in a specifically Calvary Chapel environment.
- Execute exemplary leadership ability in providing vision and forward momentum among a local church staff or ministry team.
- Explain the Word of God accurately, with emphasis on edification of the Body of Christ, and application that advances the Great Commission.
The Master of Arts in Christian Education has 36 credits and features 8 biblical core courses and 4 courses specific to the student’s selected specialization. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format, and video conferencing.
|BIB501||Old Testament Survey||3|
|BIB502||New Testament Survey||3|
|MIN501||Evangelism and Missions||3|
|MIN512||Calvary Chapel Distinctives||3|
|M.A.B.S. Core Courses Total Credits||24|
|Specialization Total Credits||12|
|Master of Arts in Biblical Studies Total Credits||36|
(Click on Specialization for more information)
- All courses in the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies degree program are graduate level.