The Certificate in Youth Ministry incorporates expertise in the field of youth workers from a compilation of faculty members that have had extensive experience. This Certificate aims to equip the youth worker with practical tools and resources to apply in any ministry area where desiring to make an impact on the next generation of leaders.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who earn the Certificate in Youth Ministry will:
- Develop practical and immediate skills to increase impact in local youth programs.
- Increase knowledge and awareness in general principles of student ministry.
- Understand ministry principles related to Biblical teaching, relating the church and culture, evangelism, discipleship, ministry management, effective communication, and theology.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this certificate, the student will:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Youth Ministry.
- Compare and contrast different ministry methods of youth discipleship.
- Analyze and compare methods of effectively teaching the Bible to Youth.
This Certificate in Youth Ministry is 24 credits. Students must complete specified Youth Ministry courses to earn the Certificate in Youth Ministry. Courses in the Certificate in Youth Ministry may be completed in any order. The method of instruction is 100% online, asynchronous format with video conferencing.
|MIN240||Introduction to Youth Ministry||3|
|MIN241||Youth, Church and Culture||3|
|MIN242||Evangelism in Youth Ministry||3|
|MIN243||Youth Ministry Management||3|
|MIN244||Reaching the Heart of a Young Person||3|
|MIN245||Discipleship in Youth Ministry||3|
|MIN246||Effective Communication in Youth Ministry||3|
|MIN247||Theology in Youth Ministry||3|
Total Credits: 24
Individuals seeking admission to a Calvary Chapel University undergraduate program must:
- Fill out and submit the online application through the Populi system;
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee;
- Request official transcripts for high school and all college or university coursework. Verification of high school completion or an equivalent must be verified by the Registrar through official transcripts prior to admissions, enrolling, and matriculation.
- Minimum overall grade point average is 2.0.
- Complete Student Reference Requests.
Official transcripts with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.0 must be received and verified by the Registrar prior to course enrollment.
The spiritual requirements for admission involve demonstrating an unwavering commitment to Christ and the inspired and inerrant Scriptures, having consistent Christian character, utilizing one’s spiritual gifts for the building up of the Body of Christ and your professional vocation, and yielding to the Holy Spirit’s call to service and Christian growth.
- 2.0 GHz processor or higher
- 4 GB RAM
- High Speed Internet
- Microphone (external or built-in)
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Google Suite of applications
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free from the Adobe website)
Applicant’s skills and competencies to succeed in a distance education environment are assessed prior to acceptance via official transcripts, the online application, and required admission materials including a personal testimony to determine spiritual readiness.
Online Instructional Methods
Courses are disseminated 100% online through Populi.com. The Certificate in Biblical Knowledge program will use instructional methods such as, but not limited to: video lectures, reading and writing assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, and tests.
Online Grading Practices
Final tests or examinations are course specific and assessed with a rubric. Passing grades are determined by each instructor and stated in the course syllabus. Within 48 hours of submitting assignments, work is evaluated and a grade is posted in the online course grade book. Students have access to view their personal grades at any time. There is no mailing of institutional responses or evaluations of students’ work. All grading and communication with students is conducted within Populi, the online operating system.
CCU awards an academic Certificate Program diploma to students who are in good standing upon the satisfactory completion of all degree requirements, as listed in the University Catalog for the year during which the student first enrolled.
To be eligible for a Certificate Program diploma, a student must:
- Complete the approved program consisting of 24 credits through Calvary Chapel University
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Meet all University financial obligations.
Note: No grade below a C- will be applied toward a Certificate program at Calvary Chapel University. Please submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar’s Office at the beginning of the final semester. In order for you to receive your diploma all financial obligations must be met.